Thursday, December 20, 2007

Seems like a Friday

Cisco did well at the Vet's yesterday. He seems to be healing ok and no infection. Good news. He just meow'd for the first time since he was attacked! Music to my ears! I was so afraid that his vocal cords or some nerves had been damaged. But when I came home this afternoon he wanted food (another good thing!) and I heard two soft meows!

I've had a bit more discomfort than usual. Pains up under my ribs and on my right side. Prolly due more to stress than anything. Hopefully they will not bother me over Christmas. I have NO idea how I am supposed to pay for all these medical bills! I thought it was next to impossible to get coverage for MY cancer, but Vet bills and surgery are way over the top! It's going to be something like $2000 or more before all is said and done. That kind of money is out of my league! It's like two months pay if I was full time! More like 5 months at my current rate!

I'm finding it more difficult than usual to deal with issues like this. My coping skills are pretty worn down I think. I'm thankful he's doing well, and can't imagine not having him as my buddy at home, but money issues suck!!

No comments: