Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ok, Not so hot today

I guess I've been really lucky, but today - two days after my new chemo recipie, I'm not feeling too hot. Sort of like a lousy flu with headache and hip, shoulder, back ache.
Not fun, though of course it could be Much worse!

My sister Janel should be here very soon. It turns out she drove to Phoenix with a friend of hers and can stay over a couple of days before she has to get back to Minnesota! Two trips in a month! WOW! I reaally wanted to have everything nice and shiny here, but that's not going to happen I guess. I get up to do one thing and have to sit down again in 5 minutes.

I hope this doesn't last too long. I have to work this week and then the BIG trip for me to go back to the midwest is next weekend. I'm pretty confident, actually. Being able to go 3 weeks between chemos - even rougher chemos- seems like a LONG time in between. We'll see.

The big difficulty I have, emotionally, I guess, is how far out can I reasonably plan my life? I asked my Oncologist this on Thursday. No one knows, of course, and with an unknown primary it's even worse, but...am I foolish to take a trip at the end of October? Can I make plans for Christmas? My birthday? New Years? She said that I should be able to make plans for the holidays. Then she said that next year I should be able to make plans for the summer. WOW!! That sounded so good to me! I know it is no guarantee, but it's a lot better than thinking I'm going to be bedridden any minute or in to much pain to move!

I don't know how to go about living "this" life, I guess. I'm sure it's the same for everyone else out there too. How do you go about it?

1 comment:

Linky Love said...

Today is your CT scan so big hug from the whole family at http://www.metastaticlivercancer.org