Friday, October 12, 2007

New Chemo drugs today

Hi again,
It's 6pm Friday and I just got home from chemo. They dropped gemcitibine and added Taxol. They also gave me anti-inflamatory iv's to help ensure that I don't have an allergic reaction to the Taxol.

All in all I was there just over 6 hours. That's tiring just in itself!

Anyone else out there on Carboplatin and Taxol? I gather that combo is used for many diverse types of cancers... are they all adenocarcinomas? Whereever they come from?
Just wondering.

I guess I have to worry again/more about losing my hair on Taxol. My Onc didn't mention it when I met with her, but checking it out on the internet seems most did.BUMMER, I thought I was being lucky about that at least! Still crossing fingers.

I'm tired. I'm hungry but don't have a clue what to eat and don't want to cook. I did fall asleep for an hour or two while getting the chemo, that helped! My exciting Friday night looks like a TV movie and early to bed! {{{{{{{can't stand the excitement!}}}}}}
Hugz,
Patti

No comments: