Friday, October 19, 2007

All systems go!

I went to the clinic to have them look at my arm after all yesterday. It was still a bit red and tender, but they decided it was probably irritation of my vein from the chemo, not an infection. I took some more ibupro last nite and it's pretty much gone today. YEA!

Got that 3 mins to talk to my oncologist "off the books" which was great because we talked briefly about how the Taxol chemo went. When I told her how awful I hurt for 3 days she said "I tried to warn you!". Well, sheesh. Just tell me right out! It's gonna hurt like a bugger! I'm not mad though, I had gotten the idea pretty clearly that this chemo session would probably be worse in some way. We're all happy that for the next 2 weeks nothing more is gonna happen and my trip should be fine and fun! My only "after effect" is how easily I tire. Just walking last night from where we parked my car up to the (very fancy) resort where the banquet was, was a total mind-blowing effort!

Anthony, who is the young man I work with and gave a ride to the banquet, felt so bad because he chose where to park, and as an afterthought realized we could have valet parked, or he could have dropped me off. I didn't think of it either, I didn't realize how short of breath I've become! Anyway, it was fine. and the sweetheart fetched the car afterwards and I didn't have to walk anywhere in the high heels I NEVER usually wear! :-)

My boss didn't win the customer service award she was a finalist for, but WE know she deserved it, and we all had a good time at our table anyway.

Today I have errands and appointments, and then figure out how to pack for Midwest (cold!) weather. I don't want ot bring a big suitcase, so it's going to be fun to try and figure out. My flight to Chicago is at 6am tomorrow, so I won't be posting until I can find another computer.

Patti <----happy camper!

No comments: