Sunday, May 10, 2009

Update on Molecular Analysis

My biopsy analysis was pretty good,I guess. Not that they got any definite results! (AGAIN) Turns out the "best" match is that my cells/proteins/dna resembles primary liver cancer. But neither my Oncologist nor I think that fits. It Might if I'd ever had hepatitis A, but I haven't. Regardless, they eliminated all the other cancers like breast, lung, kidney, colon etc etc so even Dr. Dragovich thinks it's likely that I'll be around for a few more years at least - because it IS slow-growing whatever it is, and he's doing more research to see if it could be a combo-like cancer such as bile-duct AND liver somehow. He's going to talk to the pathologist again. Anyway, it's great news that it's not a cancer that seems to be in a hurry to do anything. More later....

3 comments:

jeanne said...

When I read stories like yours and I see your wonderful smiling face, it reminds me of myself. We're in such serious times personally, but, I truly believe it is our inside hope, happiness and cheer that will keep us going as long as we can. I cry when anyone I know dies from this stinkin disease. Such a shame they can't do more for us.... they do make simple strides.... but not quite enough.
My stage 3C ovian cancer has not gotten worse or better in 2&1/2 years. I keep hoping it will be miraculous. But I'm scared inside.
Good luck to you, you look absolutely beautiful in your purple wig!! ME, I hated the wigs, had to do it bald or just with a bandana.
Peace. Jeanne

PattiB said...

I didn't "do" wigs either - couldn't stand them, but the purple one was special and I wore it on occasion.

My sister (9 months after me she got triple negative breast cancer!) did the wig thing and on her it was PERFECT! She just always looked just like herself, but always a "good hair day". :)

By the time we went to E Germany and Czech Rep we each had our own hair again, mine permanently a BAD hair day, but Janel's remained great! Sheesh! can't win! :)

Sample resume said...

This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.

BEST INFORMATION ABOUT CANCER.